For game projects, we expect to work with our client’s graphics and programming departments. Our BIS production manager will cooperate with them to find a suitable way to incorporate the MoCap data into the client's game engine. This is generally a difficult process and we want to make sure our client is not disappointed with the results, since the MoCap and data cleaning itself is only roughly 1/3 of the problem.
The service offer includes:
- the technology of motion capture for realistic movement of game characters
- facial and finger motion capture process which records the intricate changes in an actor facial expression
- retargeting of motion: transfering an actors moves to a CGI character with different body proportions, perhaps super-natural hero(-ine)
- manual editing of motion – finish and tweak captured data manually
- loop captured data – required because of memory limitations of PCs and the joining of different moves.
- Audio recording – dubbing, sound FX recording and processing. Our studio was built from scratch to cover our own game asset creation needs.
- HD video – our high end digital camera setup and ability to digitally record PC generated video is perfect choice for recording of all the making of, developers' diaries and other HD videos ready for the internet and DVD distribution. We are able to post-process the data completely and deliver finished videos.
- Consultations – implementation hints.
We provide a complete service, starting with transportation from the airport, booking hotels and food catering on location during the shooting days. Our staff is English speaking and our client will always have a specialist on hand available to resolve any problems or needs that may arise. We will always have at least on engineer on location; more are available if needed.
Why with us?
- We are strategically positioned in the center of Europe, just few kilometers outside of Prague.
- Our studio is built for MoCap. It is equipped to handle large complicated shots.
- We provide high end technology to your disposal
- We have an experienced English speaking staff
- We are friendly, and have a professional approach
- With us you don’t have to worry, we will provide data you may depend on
- No problems with parking here
- And, also reasonable pricing
Typical MoCap pipeline:
- Agree on the needs of the client; we'd be happy to do a demonstration on location
- Agree on the time frame, data formats and technological details. (e.g. design of the skeleton system, character compatibility with the client's engine) We can provide test data to ensure that the client is able to make use of the results.
- Agree on the props: ladders, steps, guns etc..
- Agree on the pricing scheme
- Receive the agreed down payment in advance to cover costs
- Make accommodations for our client. (Book hotels, catering, etc.)
- Welcome our client to our studio
- Spend a day or two capturing the moves
- Edit the captured data..
- Export the MoCap data to a common 3D format: we natively support FBX and C3D for MotionBuilder, there are ways to get the data to Maya, 3DSMax, XSI and other packages also.